Another form of Heresy!

From: Henrix <henrix_at_pp.sbbs.se>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 16:21:47 +0200

Somebody wrote a couple of days ago about porting Glorantha to the D20 System
(basically 3rd ed D&D), in jest, I believe.

But this has been growing in my mind since, and I have also played D&D3 a couple of times now.

I think it would be a great idea! *takes cover*

I am serious. D&D3 is quite good, lots of fun stuff, well written,etc. It is also an excellent game to put in the hands of a fourteen year old wanna be roleplayer. This last quality is something that Hero Wars lacks, of course. (It has many, many others, some probably incompatible with this.)

I think that a Gloranthan worldbook for D&D3 would be a very good tool for attracting new players to Glorantha. And let us be honest, we need new players to glorantha in order for it to be feasible for Issaries to continue to publish the stuff we want.
That way people could continue using a system they know and (with a few alterations) start to get to know the very rich world we all love.

It would not, naturally, be Hero Wars, nor would it be RuneQuest*. But it could be a way to introduce newcomers to Glorantha, without having to bother about what Sunset Leap does, or how ranged combat works**.

I have a few ideas on how to make it work. I will try to write them down in some coherent form and put it up somewhere.

Any thoughts about this? Am I totally of my rocker?

(The idea behind Dragon Lords of Melnibone seems to be similar, according to:
http://www.gamingoutpost.com/news/default.cfm/story.1269 , that is, to attract new players to a well-developed world.)

 --
Henrix