Metaphysic straw man

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 08:56:52 +0200

Alex:

> I don't see why. I'm playing an Elmali, or a sorceror, or a mystic
> who knows that the sun is just a series of provisional manifestations
> of a higher reality; you're the GM, clutching a copy of Glorantha:
> the Ultimate Reality (see earlier post for product code), which tells
> you that my character's beliefs are at best inferior to those of a
> Yelm worshipper, and at worst complete nonsense.

Speaking of straw men, this is definitely one. As demonstrated elsewhere in these therads, it seems difficult to convey the various messages, but I think it's been fairly explicitly stated that differernt "subjective" are not inferior, neither compared to each other nor to an "objective" and definitely not nonsensical, if they work.

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com