Plethora of Otherworlds

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 09:01:28 +0200

Alex:

> Nils Weinander on my disparagement of the 4WT, and its odder addenda:
> > I see no reason why not, at least until there is a better
> > theory.
>
> Please, don't tempt me to provide you with 4K of the one, and 10K
> of the other. ;-)

By all means, if you do have a better theory, please send it my way. If you think we are boring the Digest overmuch take it off line.

> > I think you can meet Vith on a heroquest, both in his
> > earlier more active role and in his later withdrawal.
>
> I was going to suggest perhaps that one could carry about a more-or-less
> - -theistic quest relating to Vith's Young Turk aspects (I dunno if
> they'd have the explicit Age construction familiar from classic theism?),
> but that if you want to 'reach' his latter-day aspect, you get in a boat,
> climb up his island to his house, and have a cup of tea and chat
> philosophy -- i.e., he acts (as it were) more like a sage than a god.

Yep, something like that, or to take a step farther, a quest to Vith the Mystic is to commune directly with the ultimate, i.e. bless of liberation. High Priesthood rites, which may or may not be Divine Mysticism, brings this state.

The goal of the follower of this path could then be to do this in her entire life, not just during sunday service.

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com