Malkioni and Orlanthi

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 09:05:41 +0200

Mikko:

> Infact it greatly pisses me off that most of the Glorantha authors seem to
> have the view that the Malkioni are gaining ground from the Orlanthi and
> pretty much everybody else. I see no reason for this to happen, but
> apparently the authors think that the Malkioni culture (oppressive and
> hierarchial) always wins out over the orlanthi one. I just don't see the
> orlanthi wanting to give up their freedom and their gods and becoming
> westeners.

What makes you think the Malkioni are gaining ground on the theists? The advances in Heortland and Esrolia don't seem that important in the big picture. Meanwhile, the really success story at the moment is the Lunar Empire. WHile they do embrace materialist beliefs they are certainly not Malkioni.

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?