the reason why

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 00:24:26 +0300

:Mike Dawson puts it into words

:If your game has consistancy and depth, it becomes more evocative. My
:favorite moments as a player or a GM are when a PC takes bits of widely
:distributed information and sticks them together in a way that provides
:new insight into the world. For that to happen, there has to be something
:behind the curtain for them to discover.
:
:I've played in worlds where the GM (Greg Maples) took the time to work
:out important philosophical matters of the highest order, and it made a
:huge difference in his game, and in the way his world worked.

Thanks Mike, this is pretty much what I'be been trying to say all along. I also know that Greg has definite ideas about how Glorantha works, deep down. I just wish he would dispense with them a bit more readily.

But there you have it people. That's why I want to know what makes Glorantha tick. That way GM:ing it stays much more meaningful to me too.

        -Adept

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.