Re: The Glorantha Digest V8 #66

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 01:45:41 EDT

In a message dated 10/7/00 7:34:46PM, you write:

<< I don't see how having more knowledge into the workings of Glorantha  undermines any of the cultural data. Are you saying that every culture  needs to be of equal moral footing? [This sounds like some trauma about  cultural subjectivity... and how it's evil to try to pass moral judgement  on other cultures.]

    -Adept >>

Almost every culture has an identical opinion of itself compared to its neighbours; that it is the best way of behaving and that it is the most obkective culture. From that point of view I am saying that every culture is of equal moral footing. If morals are purely a product of culture then it is difficult to do otherwise. If most dilemmas are moral ones then they are better dealt with at the cultural level.

Keith N

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #67