Accountants!

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 07:52:29 +0100

Peter Larsen asks:

> Does anyone in Glorantha have double-entry bookkeeping? I'd say not,
> so accounting practices are probably not very sophisticated.

Following an old suggestion of mine, Greg Stafford has adopted double-entry bookkeeping as a cult secret of Etyries, and this appears in the Rough Guide to Glamour.

Note that Lunars use red and black inks the other way around in their ledgers -- they always want to lift their business "out of the black" and "back into the red". (Cf. also my "Letter from a Monopolist" in Tales #16 for the criminal "blue market"...)

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> Nick