Wood and fire

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_gslis.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 08:20:53 -0500

        It occurred to me that Topi Pitkanen's Mostali might want groundwood for purposes other than paper. Distrusting the natural world as they do, the Mostali wouldn't want to build furniture out of sawn wood, which is practically like having a tree in your dwelling. I suspect they much prefer press board, particle board, and other nasty chemical infused building materials with unconvincing fake-wood veneers. A Mostali storage area could easily look like a 1970s home entertainment center showroom.

        Another bad thought: didn't the Lunars win at Moonbroth becasue they mythically made Oakfed a descendant of Lodril? How does that work in the 4 worlds paradigm? Is Lodril a spirit? Oakfed a god? Does it matter?

Peter Larsen

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #69