Oakfed/Lodril

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:20:20 EDT

Peter Larsen has fake-wood veneer nightmares; the Mostali have real wood veneer nightmares! Perhaps they cover perfectly reasonable wooden furniture with stone cladding or more obviously manufactured product.

<< Another bad thought: didn't the Lunars win at Moonbroth becasue they  mythically made Oakfed a descendant of Lodril? How does that work in the 4  worlds paradigm? Is Lodril a spirit? Oakfed a god? Does it matter? >>

Peter, this is tenuous link worthy of a radio DJ. Are you a radio DJ?

I think that however the Lunar Magicians did it would be secret (and therefore open to GM interpretation if it ever came up again). Also bearing in mind that that they believed they did may not be what they actually did, despite the favourable result. If we take the Dara Happan view (presuming said magicians to be basicall yDara Happan) we can see that they might apply the Soul Parts approach to Lodril, and come up with some sort of justification along the lines of Oakfed being a Soul Part of the "fallen to the Earth" solar deity that is Lodril. Oakfed is a fallen to earth Great Spirit; perhaps he is a Soul Part of Lodril. Even if he is not exactly that it may be that he would react to the same magical rituals and sacrifices in the same way.

I would ignore the four worlds paradigm. Are you a Godlearner as well as a Radio DJ?
GL FM?

It doesn't matter unless it matters, IYSWIM. Unless it comes up as an issue it is, IMO, perfectly reasonable not to know. Justification: only the Lunar Magicians at Moonbroth think they know...and they're all crazy!

Keith N