Re: Another form of Heresy!

From: Henrix <henrix_at_pp.sbbs.se>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 14:34:18 +0200

> From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
> Watching what happens with Elric! might be a better pointer, since that
> has had a d20 version announced. Now if it doesn't sell (sufficiently)
> it might suggest that there is little mileage in doing a d20 Glorantha
> either.

Wisely said. I still think we need a simpler game to introduce Glorantha to new players, as well as Hero Wars to keep us old hands happy.

Now, I think d20 would be a good way to do that, as most roleplayers are familiar with it (and if they are not, you can just stick the book(s) in their hands and say "Play!"), but then there could be arguments against that.

I will try to collect my thoughts (and time and energy) to write something up, if anybody has ideas, I would gladly recieve them, off-list.

This would be directed at a (mostly) younger audience than the average listee, and should not try to supplant, in any way, Hero Wars or HW material, but simply port them to a system (and sceanario ideas) more apt for beginners.

The more people interested in Glorantha, the more people will buy HW material, and more material could be published.

I think we really need to attract new players if we wish to continue to see Glorantha material published, in the long run.

 --
Henrix