Re: mystic otherworlds

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 23:07:30 +0100 (BST)

David Cake:
> Anyway, even if the otherworld is kind of theist - I guess my
> proposition could be restated, in a manner that is a little less
> Four-Worldish to satisfy Alex, that the mystic dominated cultures
> (such as Vithela and Kralorela) still acknowledge an otherworld.

Exactly. Which is why 4Wish formulations of beliefs on such matters are so off the mark, for me. It's not exactly the most endogenous of viewpoints to imagine that the Vithelans say "Well, we used to have our own otherworld, but these days we just re-use the same inferior product as the theists, whom we know to be entirely incorrect", however theistically-inclined many of their practices seem to the "objective" observer.

Cheers,
Alex.