MOB's Dame Edna Comments

From: MOB <mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:12:18 +1000

G'day all,

MOB's Dame Edna Comments

Michael Schwartz:

>Philip Hibbs asked me offline the other day what I saw as evidence of
>homophobic behavior on the Digest. I think Mr. O'Brien's recent "Dame
>Edna" comments combined with Mr. Boatwright's tasteless attempt at Nandan
>humor serve quite nicely as example.

Dame Edna was a big hit on Broadway recently, but maybe you missed her show.

I apologise if you read my comments as "homophobic", this was not my intention. I was really only trying to refute your assertion that Sun Domer transvestitism was "naff" because it lacked somehow "mythic qualities". While I was determined to demonstrate that Sun County transvestitism is in fact deeply ingrained in the original RQ2 cult write-up ("why would Yelmalio have religious strictures against wearing women's clothing, if it wasn't something they might otherwise do?"), I actually thought I was being supportive!

Cheers,

MOB