RE: Writing and trolls

From: Phil Hibbs <phil_at_snark.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 22:32:44 +0100

>What sort of writing do Trolls use? It has to be readable in
>darkness and by Darksense at a distance, and by trolls who can
>only see part of the spectrum visible to humans.

Etchings into clay tablets would work.

I read somewhere that trolls hide messages by carving the real message into stone, cover it with a layer of clay, dry it out, then carve a fake message into the surface. An Uz would instantly spot the harder substance inside, and would be able to read the real message without destroying the fake.

This would, of course, be called stygianography.

Phil.