Re: The Dark Side of GodLearnery ;-) (was: Re: Zorak Zoran)

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 11:08:55 +0200

Thread moved here from hw-rules.

David Cake :

> >> Yes, of course.
> >
> >Well, NO actually.
> >
> >ZZ "is not a descendant of KL" and "can't be a troll" is just a
> >GodLearnerism, and should be dumped. When ZZ was born, the
> >difference between Uz and non-Uz was essentially non-existent.
>
> I don't think it is just a God Learnerism. I think the trolls
> in the early years did distinguish between Uz and non-Uz, even if
> their definition of Uz was a bit broader.

In the Black Age, 'non-Uz' was AFAIK non-existent 'in' Glorantha.

I go so far as to suspect that there wasn't even a boundary between the Predark and the Black until the Blue Age at the earliest.

> However, the component parts of the cult predate the Dawn. Some of
> these component parts definately were not Uz.

If the GLs were at all correct (and in these respects I believe they were), the *entity* that the cult worships is a Black Age one, but not the cult itself.

ZZ is just one name for it.

> Personally, I think ZZ not being Uz is one of the reasons why
> he is/was so commonly worshipped by non-Uz, such as the cult of Black
> Arkat, the Zorakarkat cult, the human Kitori.

Good explanation. Another would be that because this is a pre-Green entity, worshippers of any distinction can contact it. Also why men can become Uz ?

Julian Lord