roleplaying

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 15:12:15 +0300

Marting Dick said:

: ...Having a nice framework for why things
:are happening is great and adds to a campaign, but if your framework is
:so rigid, it can't handle a dramatic twist or a dose of MGF, then you
:aren't roleplaying, you're simulating.

Let's not open this particular can of worms Martin. I definitely think of myself as a roleplayer, and I vastly prefer game worlds you would apparently call "not roleplaying but simulating". The roleplaying (at least for me) is getting into the role and life of a character, a denizen of a believable and real seeming world. Not being of a rollercoaster adventure story, where something interesting happens every time I start to look bored.

My playercharacters make their own drama, I don't need to supply it to them. Glorantha is an interesting place to live (and die) in.

        -Adept, a simulationist Glorantha GM

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.