Re: The Glorantha Digest V8 #74

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 15:24:02 +0300

Graham Robinson
:Three problems here :
:
:1. Guamata's vision IS a narrative. It may be a logical narrative, firmly
:grounded in the logic and reality of the world, but it is still a
:narrative. It has a beginning, a middle and an end.

I have to go with Mike on this. I didn't see it as narrative either. I saw it as a situation that exists in the village. I took the interesting situation (that fit's very well in Glorantha and Sun County, bravo), fitted it into the era I tought best (1400 ST, solitude of testing), and run an "introduction to Glorantha" game called "Evil Dreams" based on it. I definitely didn't have a narrative bias with it. I just knew what was going on in the village, and I knew what resourses vere available to the young templar trainee, Minos Firespeaker, who had to go investigate my version of the vision.

I had no idea what would happen, and I definitely had no desire to fudge with the results. I'm happy to say it hooked three more people to Glorantha, and was one of the best games I've run. My compliments to the person behind the original writeup (don't have my books here)

        -Adept

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.