Re: The Glorantha Digest V8 #75

From: Graham Robinson <gjrobinson_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 08:36:25 +0100

> :2. Having, as Adept and others have asked for, a single set of answers to
> :the big questions actually makes running this sort of game harder.
>
> Hey! I want to know what's behind it all. My gamer's don't, and the
> Gloranthan cultures definitely don't.
>
> Knowing the truth behind Glorantha (or at least more guidelines towards
> the said truth) definitely does not mean that you don't have myriad
> subjective "truths" and worldviews to cater to the players.

All I can say is that you should try some time playing the sort of game that has produced such information, with the sort of players who will read it. There are good reasons why I will NEVER run Vampire again...

Maybe you are lucky, and don't have players who will quote stuff they read somewhere at you at every opportunity, but they exist in vast hordes out there. The less ammunition they get, the better...

There is also the small point that guidelines as to what the truth are like are already out there. The four worlds model, the compromise, the actions that people have achieved through hero-questing, etc. All this gives a pretty good framework for fitting the truth into.

Cheers,
Graham

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #77