ZZ

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 12:20:05 +0200

James Frusetta :

> Dehore and other weird spooky things lived in Wonderhome, and they don't seem to be
> proper uz -- they're something else.

As a simplification, I think that they *are* something else, but that this wasn't true
at the time. Don't ask for the complex version please. It involves Spiritual Blindness
in the Ancient Black, and an essential sameness of Predark and Black befor the Coming
of the Blue. Don't ask, because I don't understand the specific nature of this, as
compared to Darkness as one of the Five Elements, as opposed to it being the only one.

> As are the children of Swems, Molakka,
> Gorakiki, et. al. While they're some of the, as it were, home boys of hell, they're
> not precisely "uz."

They are the product of matings with the Earth AFAIK.

> > Also why men can become Uz ?
>
> Why, no men *become* uz -- they were uz all along.

:-) The complementary suggestion to my own.

> It's possible that ZZ could be "proven" to be a troll, but I don't think trolls are
> necessarily bothered by it, really

The ZZi are too busy killing, burning, and eating things to really care about it.

> So some of this can get a bit strange -- Gorakiki-"Bee" *and*
> Kyger Litor are the primal mothers of the Bee Tribe.

All of the Gloranthan bee mythology I've ever seen is really WEIRD.

Julian Lord