Dead Shamans, Drogarsi Befuddlement and 3D Humakt

From: VINDEGG1_at_uk.ibm.com
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 15:05:58 +0100

Keith 'Bolgbeard' answers:
<I think shamans try to keep their powers secret to some extent, to the extent of not telling people what happens to them when they die; or telling them some really outrageous tales. Sometimes their medecine is strong and the tales are true.....>

Very good point. Keep forgetting that the players will never find out anyway. They should be used to my lack of rules by now. And we're running RQ3... :)

<< Keep having this dusturbing vision of a powerful shaman possessing Herdmen to gain eternal life...>>

<See the chimpanzee guy in Dorastor Land of Doom.>

Afraid I don't have that one yet. Will form a posse and hunt it down ASAP.
>From what you say, though, I surmise this has already been done? Any
special details you could share with me? Change previous statement to 'The party keeps having disturbing visions of...' *evil grin*

<Would it be impolite to ask how you earned the name 'clackbeard'?>

Not at all. It's from a former PC of mine, currently an NPC shaman I'm using to lead my group in the right direction (read: Into trouble). Clackbeard is simply a bad pun referring to his rather special use of the spells Grow Hair and Animate Hair (plus incessant use of pirate lingo). He uses it to grow and weave his hair through holepunched clacks, creating a tailor made suit of lead ringmail.

And David sez:
>>On a side note, Drogarsi is often described as Orlanth's
swordcarrier/swordbearer.<<

>Really? I didn't see any references to this at all when I did a writeup of
him for Storm Tribe. Do you remember where you saw this? Drogarsi is the god of martial music, like bagpipes and drums.<

Arg. Mea Culpa. Can't remember where I have this from, probably just my own mental picture of the bloke. Sorry about the confusion there. I'll try and stick to official stuff.

As for Humakt being characterless, maybe that's my own interpretation too. It just seems to me that Humakti are rather limited in their trouble-shooting skills. "Violence is always the only solution"?. Or am I being unfair to the Blade Bhoys here?
www.glorantha.com/library/religions/cult-humakt.html says "Humakt is one of the most single-minded of deities." Does this mean something else than characterless? Must admit my English is not what I'd like it to be.

Before I leave you alone, let me just express my thanks to everyone on this and other Glorantha-related lists (and web-pages!) for the continuous inspiration you provide. The last session I ran consisted of ideas, plots and myths from at least ten different threads. Extremely stimulating to any GM, I'm sure. Keep it up!

Magnus 'Clackbeard' Vindegg