New Pelorian

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 23:14:47 +1300

Jeff Richard:

>Finally, I think New Pelorian, as we now know it, might be developed
>out of a Syllilan script with heavy Dara Happan and Carmanian
>influences. Maybe it is even a deliberate attempt to recreate the
>magic of the Dorastan script.

I don't think so. My understanding of New Pelorian is that it is reconstructed from the Green Age Wendarian speech (hence the feeling of unity it evokes) plus several other bits synthesized by JeSeven thus contributing to the JeSeven reawakening mentioned in the Entekosiad. The Carmanian Great Lady mentioned IMO is the Great Sister and she's called Carmanian because that's where she was residing at the time (during the Dark Days of Sheng Seleris).

Hence it could be written down by using the Plentonic script although because of its origins, it would be rich in Pelandan Ideograms.

>As to the Esrolians, I think that they too would have a multiplicity
>of scripts. I think that their sacred script (can we call it
>"Earthspeech") is more complicated than the Orlanthi runic system,
>although it is ultimately derived from it.

Linear A or Linear B?