Re: Humakt

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_thestableyard.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 08:22:24 +0100 (BST)

Fabian wrote :
> I think when Humakt`s call is heard by someone at the battlefield or in
> a tragic situation (cool ideas, John !) and he/she(!?) becomes devoted
> to death - then trouble starts. I guess a lot of Humakti`s lost their
> kin one or the other way before the devoted themself, then Humakt may
> offer peace to a troubled soul. Humakt may provide solance to a soul
> in pain.

This fits well with the way I view a lot of Humakti devotees. For some reason I can't think about Humakt without the words "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." going through my head.

This discussion does lead to one question that has been bugging me for a while. Is it possible to be initiated to Humakt for a time (say, until the Lunars are driven from the area) and then leave his worship and pick someone more appropriate to a new life, say Barntar? I think its pretty obvious that this doesn't work for devotees, but for initiates I think its a real possibility. What about other Gods?

Cheers,
Graham