Re: Pavis

From: Ian Thomson <arkat_at_primus.com.au>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 11:32:23 +1000

I guess its a fair question, but I think the name Pavis could no more mean Shield than the name Simon means 'rock' (scuse my 20+ yr old recollection of biblical names definitions)

Of course, being Glorantha, perhaps we should look for the mythical meaning in all significant names etc.

Pavis may (in part) turn out to have been a tool of the aldryami all along, however rather than being a shield directly, he would have been part of the conspiracy to bring back the Green Age

This of course would protect the aldryami, should more forests arise across the lands etc.
As would reducing the definitions between races and instilling more Harmony back into the world

Glorantha Site:
http://home.primus.com.au/arkat/runeq.html