Re: guess who's coming to dinner?

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 09:29:27 -0700

Donald Oddy wrote

> I don't see Humakti just casually dropping in the way other visitors
> would.

I don't know if I'd use the word "casual," but they might actually be among the most frequent visitors.

Consider that most of a clan's Humakti will be weaponthanes. Weaponthanes are frequently assigned to the outer patrol, riding along the borders of a clan's lands. This journey will take longer than a day, so they have to spend the night somewhere. And what better place than one of the outlying steads?

Julian Lord

> I believe that most Humakti can
> have families, that is that they can at the very least have spouses and
> children.

I think so too, though I believe any initiate has reduced fertility, and thus is likely to have fewer children.

> remember that even
> Humakt has children, the most famous of them being of course Arkat.

Unfortunately for your argument, this is almost certainly metaphoric. "Son of Humakt" means "kick-butt champion of Humakt."

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com> Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #88