Kick-Ass Sons of the Gods

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 09:38:54 +0200

David Dunham :

> Unfortunately for your argument, this is almost certainly metaphoric.
> "Son of Humakt" means "kick-butt champion of Humakt."

Well, we could dance the "metaphoric vs literal description thread" dance again (but what would be the point?), or we could talk some more about Vinga being the Daughter of Orlanth or not ...

Whatever, the main point is that the idea of Humakt having a Son (whatever that might actually mean) is an acceptable one in the mythology. All IMO, natcherly ...

(I can remember having this argument many times before, so I won't insist ; just repeat my debatable POV, and leave you guys with your own debatable POVs ;-)

A related question :
Are there any Kick-Ass Champion "Daughters of Babs Gor" ? NIMG ... Julian Lord