writing

From: Topi Pitkanen <tzpitkan_at_mappi.helsinki.fi>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 15:03:02 +0300 (EEST)

I'm a bit puzzled about written Western. Isn't that a writing system that all the people of the West could read and understand even if they didn't speak the same language. I've assumed that Western is a chinese-like logonographic writing. Or is Western an set of alphabet that can be used to write "any" language like our roman alphabet?

Are some writing systems magical in Glorantha? Is Western "superior" because of a spell of Zzbur? Are the Tradetalk and the Heortling languages written using the same technigue? (to which obviously the easiest answer is yes) Are the Lunars and the Orlanthi using different writing systems?

"Any worldwiew that isn't strange is automatically false."