Re: Orlanthi writing

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 11:26:29 -0700

Alex Ferguson worries

>Meldekophobes will distrust it if it originates in the West;

Just like Cato "Carthago delenda est" the Elder agitated to drop the Roman script because of its Phoenician ancestry, eh?

If the West does indeed use an alphabetic script, a Heortling adoption of it doesn't have to have a strong resemblance to the original, not does anyone have to remember its origin.

Keith Nellist wrote

>What bugs me is that we Malkioni have a perfectly good number system, with
>zeroes, and decimals etc and you Heortlings come along and count to 20 and
>then mush it all up with your stupid WWWWW's

Wow, this ought to be the case somewhere in Glorantha! (I actually suspect some place further removed from the decimal-crazy Dara Happans, like Fonrit or the early Agimori empires.)

David Dunham dunham_at_pensee.com
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #99