Esrolian Humakti

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 11:08:58 +1300

John Hughes:

>Fertility and sexuality are certainly big down there (ahem - speaking
>as Heortling of course), but I don't know if penis envy is going to get
>much of a run among the matriarchal Sisterhoods.

It doesn't. The Matriarchs own more penises than ordinary men IMO.
>And since these appear, in the main, to be unmediated powers, (how
>many major deities own opposing runes?)

Yelm and the Seven Mothers are the best known examples.

>The second issue for me is whether there would actually be many humakti
>in Esrolia. They may be on the outside in Heortling culture, but they at
>least have strong connections through the central mythology. In Esrolia,
>with its legions of BB Gori and Five War Daughters, where men are
>controlled, contained and in the main worship tamed-down consort gods,

Men do fight in Esrolia and my original description of the Esrolian army was that the masses of "expendable men" were officered by Eunuchs (think Narses or An Lush-an) worshipping the male gods and that women fought separately.

Part of the reason why the Esrolian army was so crap was that the Eunuchs were so strongly attached to their Queen that they did not operate very well under the orders of anybody else. Women troops had no such inhibitions but they were a lot fewer than the men.

Under these circumstances, there is nothing intrinsically wrong with Humakt as the Esrolians can control his worshippers just as they can with other male gods. The Esrolians are also not adverse to death divinities as can be seen by their own Dark Goddesses.