Sorcerous mysticism

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 14:54:27 +1300

Trotsky:

>I'm not sure where you're fitting the atheists in there - the whole
>point about them is that they don't believe God is accessible at all,
>with or without layers of priesthood.

Gloranthan Atheists believe that God is _impersonal_ rather than inaccessible.

>The group who take the view that God if accessible without the
>necessary intercession of priests would be the Hrestoli.

All sects that believe in a personal god would take that view as there are numerous examples of non-priestly Saints in the Malkioni canon.

> >Another Western approach to mysticism, or sorcero-muysticism,
> >if such a thing is possible....

>If there such a thing [as sorcero-mysticism], I suspect the
>Perfecti are it. Certainly they appear to be mystics of some
>stripe, since they avoid the use of magic.

The Zzaburites are also sorcerous mystics too as is stated in HW:RiG p218 "...[non-eastern] mystics include the Perfecti and the Zzaburites among westerners (being the perspectives of a personal and impersonal god respectively)..."