Zzaburi

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 00:39:18 +1300

>>Kaballah may appear rational but its practice does not involve
>>rigorous application of rational thought which the Zzaburites
>>are meant at least meant to be doing. And the Golden Dawn is
>>even worse.

>The Kaballah was fairly rigorous for its day.

So is the Lunar religion and the worship of Ompalam. What I am pointing out that its practice (Soul Perfection, Mystical States) does not involve _rational thought_ which is what the Zzaburi do.

> Similarly, in
> our world Astrology is a discredited philosophy (which once had
> some very rigorous adherents) that works quite well for the
> Busarians (who aren't, perhaps, as logical as the Zzaburites but
> who have an extremely rigorous moral philosophy).

The Buserian do get their magic through worship of the Heavens (and to particular stars and planets) which is not what a (gloranthan) western astrologer would do.

>> Fidelity to the laws. Development of their logical faculties through
>> philosophy that allows them to appreciate the splendor of the same.

> I like this as a succinct statement of Zzaburite philosophy. My
> only quibble is that many of Gloranthan natural laws do not
> resemble RW laws.

Neither does Aristotle's framework of natural laws which are closer to the gloranthan conception than the actual RW (or to be pomo about it - our current conception of those laws). Yet despite this, reason and the practice of such still was prominent in his system.