Aldryami Sorcery, etc.

From: Olli Kantola <nysalor_at_lyyra.kempele.fi>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 14:32:12 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Nick Brooke wrote:

HA! I had an hidden agenda, even while being dubious. ;)

> > Someone said that dwarves don't even use sorcery. At least in the same
> > way that the westerners do. Learning western sorcery would require
> > interaction with the western Sorcery World.
>
> Yep, this is likely to be the case. Remember, of course, that the atheistic
> and iconoclastic Brithini were the founders of Western Sorcery: in a sense,

So the dwarves could lose their immortality if they would learn spells from human grimoires and would not propably understand them either. They would certainly lose their immortality if they would venerate saints. The elves have even harder time learning sorcery. Maybe they COULD venerate saints... Am I right?

Now how on earth... Sorry about that. ...Glorantha have they both learned the Open Seas spell from Dormals Grimoire?!? They both seem to like the seas. Dwarven Floating Castles and Elven Gallegas anyone? Both are isolationist. The Maslo elves could have learned it from friendly humans and the dwarves could have purchaced it, but that still leaves the problem of casting it.

Olli Kantola