Re: Vadrus

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 16:20:12 EST

In a message dated 11/16/00 8:09:11PM, you write: Nick 'Mad! I who have created the perfecti and you call me mad!" Brooke:

<< OTOH, we know from the Life of Harmast story (unpublished draft) that Vadrus
 still received active worship from Heortlings in the First Age. This  suggests to me that he ended up "killed by Chaos in the Godtime" in the  Second Age, presumably by God Learner machinations. I recall Greg enjoying  this suggestion eight or nine years ago. For what it's worth.>>

I am enjoying it now. FWIW. It also ties in with all those sources telling us he died in the god time; how would anyone know unless some godlearner saw it/did it? It doth protest too much. Godlearner, just back from the godplane; "did you kill Vadrus?" "me? Vadrus? no, by golly, he was killed in the godtime...probably by foul chaos..not be me in any way whatsoever.."

 Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:23:38 -0000
 From: "Nick Brooke" <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>  Subject: Kabbalah

 Peter Metcalfe writes:

> Repetitious numerological analysis of the holy book (a la the Bible
> Code) does not come close to the model of the Zzaburi as given in:
>
> Sorcerers are followers of Zzabur's model of an impersonal
> God. Sorcerers are scholars, as opposed to the more religious
> wizards. They spend their time researching the nature of
> the world, either through reading dusty tomes and performing
> experiments, or out in the field investigating God's
> creation first-hand.

 Now, *I* see these passages as near-perfect overlaps. How do you think a  Kabbalist would "research the nature of the world through reading dusty  tomes and performing experiments"? No reason whatsoever to dismiss the idea  that *some* Malkioni use gematria, numerology, random dips into scripture,  etc. as experimental methods to divine the will of the Divine.

 :::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>  Nick