more heros

From: darvall <madamx_at_ns2.mikka.net.au>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 09:54:40 +1100

Donald R. Oddy
>I don't know where you get the idea that Heortling society is more likely
>to create heroic individuals than Dara Happa.

Its not. But it is certainly more likely to produce the type of sword weilding hero to which you have constantly alluded. The Heroic Lunar Taxman (Ivex Devouring Dog?) >is unlikely to ever become the prince with 10w3 in leadership and 15w2 in swordplay,<.
Your point about the time needed to develop skills is taken, but daily life in Heortling society develops those skills as a matter of course. You plow with a spear in one hand, especilly in these interesting times.

Keith N responds to the same question
>I guess I get the idea from an article in Enclosure? or Questlines?
>>somewherelike that.

Martin Laurie 'How Many Heros', Enclosure 2

Darvall
madamx_at_mikka.net.au
>From quiet homes & first beginnings

Out to the undicovered ends
Theres nothing worth the wear of winning But laughter & the love of friends.
Hilare Belloc