Orlanthi heroes

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 13:25:37 +0200

:A different way to look at this is that Orlanthi society tends to put
:all its hero eggs into the combat basket. Other societies have a much
:wider range of heroes -- bureaucrats in Peloria and Kraloria, ascetics
:in the West and Kraloria, religious sculptor/architects in the East
:Isles, etc. Which means that the Orlanthi tend to excel at beating
:things up but not at having, say, a stable political or legal system (or
:hot water or roads). Sartar is a notable exception.

I do think that the orlanthi recognize heroic lawspeakers, farmers, smiths, cow midwives... and not for their combat skills.

The orlanthi aren't too god at building and maintaining kingdoms and empires, because that is not what they want. They are anarchistic and individualistic. Besides, they have already tried that twice (theyalan high counsil and EWF).

        -Adept

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.