Lunars in Dragon Pass

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 21:58:29 -0000

Gareth writes:

> I'm new to this list, so excuse me if I'm doing the wrong thing here.

Welcome aboard! Check your MIME mailer at the door, and you'll go far.

> Anyway, I am trying to locate some info on the Lunar conquest of Dragon
> Pass, and am hoping someone could point me in the right direction...
> what I need is info on how extensively this phase has been recorded
> in Glorantha Cannon, where I might be able to find useful dates and
> personalities, and any information that may exist on the features and
> conditions of the Creek, the River and the Stream.

The four best sources that spring to mind, in no particular order, are:

King of Sartar, by Greg Stafford - for the historic background, dates etc. Reprinted in 1999, available from Wizards Attic ($19.95) and other suppliers.

Wyrms Footnotes, by Greg Stafford and others - the extended Starbrow's Rebellion saga gives a good feel for Lunar war against the barbarians. Still in stock at Wizards Attic ($15.95) and other suppliers.

Tarsh War, by Chris Gidlow - an unusual roleplaying scenario where players command a Lunar army into battle against Tarshite tribes, possibly ideal for your purposes. Still in stock at Wizards Attic ($15) and other suppliers.

Rune Metal Jacket, by MOB - a more lighthearted look at Lunar vs. Sartarite military actions. Available free of charge from MOB's website:

        http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/runemetaljacket.html

I can't think offhand of good 'canonical' sources for the Dragon Creek, Stream and River. If you want to stage Caesar's crossing of the Rhine, just say it's Sea Season and the river is in flood... :-)

Wizards Attic are at http://www.wizards-attic.com - remember to check out both the Issaries page http://www.wizards-attic.com/Issaries.html and the Glorantha Products page http://www.wizards-attic.com/WAGlorantha.html or you won't get a complete list of what's available.

International suppliers of Gloranthan products are listed on Issaries' website at http://www.glorantha.com/products/other.html#international

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> Nick