Invasion of Sartar

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 17:37:47 EST

In a message dated 11/27/00 8:27:47PM, you write:

<< I'm new to this list, so excuse me if I'm doing the wrong thing here.
 Anyway, I am trying to locate some info on the Lunar conquest of Dragon  Pass, and am hoping someone could point me in the right direction.>>

'Tarsh War' sounds to be what you are really looking for (scenariowise) from Reaching Moon Megacorp. I guess Full Metal Jacket MGF scenario by MOB would be useable - especially as an introdution to army life. I think it is online?

King of Sartar has some great stuff, probably the most detailed. I think the conquest of Tarsh was more interesting than the conquest of the rest of the more hilly backwaters of the Pass (ie Sartar). At the risk of blowing my own trumpet you might try 'Careless Tork Costs Lives' in the Raiders Digest (available form the Issaries site I beleive), although that is boardgame oriented.

<< I am thinking of constructing an adventure around a Lunar general
attempting
 to drive a bridge over a river in Dragon Pass, facing Sarterite resistance.  This will be a historical game, as it is my first outing.>>

Sounds reasonable

<< Anyway, what I need is info on how extensively this phase has been recorded
 in Glorantha Cannon, where I might be able to find usefule dates and  personalities, and any information that may exist on the features and  conditions of the Creek, the Riverm and the Stream. Anyone able to help? >>

I suspect it is the most detailed bit of Gloranthan history (for example General Fazzur's Summer Campaign' in Wyrms Footprints), but is also probably a bit contradictory in places. Actually, I would definitely recommend Wyrms Footprints for the Lunar Invasion of Sartar. I cannot remember where the stuff about Pyjeemsab and Hon-eel and the rest of Tarsh is; more political, less militaristic IMO.

Keith N