Re: The Hero Farm

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_thestableyard.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:07:36 +0000 (GMT)

Donald Oddy wrote :

> One of Greg's objectives with Hero Wars is that lone Heroes can't
> defeat warbands[1].
>
> [1] At least that's what I understood him to mean, and it's borne
> out by the combat system.

Unfortunatly its not that clear cut. A fight between a hero and 50 individuals will go badly for most heroes, but a fight between a hero and a warband (treating the warband as a single entity) will take forever, but leave the hero in almost no danger... Whether a hero can carve up a warband or not is, as everything else in Hero Wars, a Narrator's decision.

A detailed discussion of this probably belongs on a different list, though.

Cheers,
Graham