phalanx

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 16:54:58 +0200

:As far as I know (and I admit I'm not up on current scholarship), the
:only requirement to stand in a hoplite phalanx was that you were able to
:afford the equipment. The idea was that no peasants were allowed.
:
:Joe

Where did you get that??? The phalanxes required absolute discipline and training. Every man had a number and position in the structure, and knew where to step when a man in a certain position to themselves fell.

The hoplites trained, and trained hard. They were professional soldiers.

        -Adept

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.