RE: eGroups

From: Charles Corrigan <charles_at_indigost.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 21:07:18 -0000

> Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 04:41:14 -0500
> From: "Meints, Richard (R.J.)" <rmeints_at_ford.com>
> Subject: Behind the Masque and Egroups

        <snip>

> Since Eric Rowe has retired from being this list's administrator,
> and Stephen Martin is looking for someone to run it in his place,
> what would people think about running this all through egroups?
>
> It seems to work well enough for the Hero Wars groups.

I think it is a good idea. Someone needs to step forward as an owner (shuffles back) and another two or three should step forward as moderators (shuffles back further).

But seriously, eGroups has a lot going for it, though an owner should spend some time to understand all of the facilities and which should be enabled and which disabled. In particular, I like the facility to have the choice of digest, individual messages and web browsing. Also, there options to store links and files alongside the conference messages.

regards,
Charles