Orlanthi, Lunars & Loskalmi

From: Henrix <henrix_at_pp.sbbs.se>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 05:50:27 +0100

>Michael Hitchens:
><< The question is quite simple. Arrange equal (large) numbers of Lunar
>regulars and Fyrd/weaponthanes in a (reasonably) open field, for a set piece
>battle. Who do you expect to win? Why? >>

Trotsky:
>What's all this guff about whether the Orlanthi are better than the
>Lunars or not? Hah! The answer is obvious: put 'em up against a proper army
>like we have in Loskalm and we'd kick both their arses! Oh yes, can't see a
>bunch of pagan blue-painted nudists lasting long against the flower of
>Loskalmi chivalry...

He! Western devils thinking only in terms of strength and numbers!

As Master Sun says:

So there are five ways of knowing who will win. Those who know when to fight and when not to fight are victorious. Those who discern when to use many or few troops are victorious. Those whose upper and lower ranks have the same desire are victorious. Those who face the unprepared with preparation are victorious. Those whose generals are able and are not constrained by their governments are victorious. These five are the ways to know who will win.

Xin Xifang, Exarch of War