Military magics

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 00:14:43 +0200

<snip>
:The other problem the Orlanthi have, as you mentioned earlier, is the
:magic. The magical colleges can overbear nearly
:anything that the Orlanthi can put together. One MC unit had 20-50
:battle magicians. An entire Sartari tribe cannot
:summon that many fighting magicians. The Imperial Army of Esrolia had 3
:magical colleges with them.
:
:My 2 gilders,
:
:Wesley

Then again the orlanthi are much more magical, individually. A single storm priest is easily the equal of several minor- or major college spellcasters. It's just the coordinated, artillery style, strikes that causes real trouble for the heortlings. Individually the heortlings are stronger and more magical than the Lunars though.

The size of the empire means that they can do what the romans did to the celts. If the first legion fails, send two more, if they fail, send three more. And keep sending the legions until the war is won. Luckily there is a limit to this too, and it will take time to round up that next army and bring it to the frontier. The empire are also ready to use means the Heortlings will not stoop to. Assasinations, destroying entire clans to break morale...

        -Adept

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.