Cloak and dagger

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 00:44:43 +0200

:True, but is that really how Sartar was conquered? A tribe at a time? I
:don't think so.

No, I don't think so either. But I do seem to recall assasinated kings and other nastyness. When the empire is able to turn most of it's power against Sartar, it's of course only a question of time.

But Tarsh held the empire off for a hundread years, and Sartar about the same. We shouldn't underestimate the fighting capabilities of the Heortlings. The orlanthi have smashed empires before.

        -Adept

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.

PS. Parhaps being a Finn makes one see parallels between the desperate fight of Finland vs. Soviet Union in WW2. We faced 10 vs 1 odds and a huge empire, and remained free. Since the time of White Bear & Red Moon we have known that the Empire can't just take the conquest of Sartar for granted, so one is drawn to the conclusion that the troops of the empire aren't a match for the heortlings 1 vs 1.