Re: e groups

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 23:49:24 +0000

In message e groups, MOB writes

> I really like the way you can choose to
>receive it as emailed messages, as a daily digest or on the web.

Although you can't view Majordomo messages on the web, it is possible to set lists up to send individual messages, should a new administrator (a) stick with Majordomo and (b) thionk this was a good idea.

I do agree that being unable to get previous digests in archive form is a bit of a downside to e-groups - I know you can go back and read old messages on-line, but you can only do that on line, which if you have to pay for connect time is annoying - also it makes it hard(er) to keep copies of useful messages in a private archive...

Again these are only minor niggles, but worth mentioning I think...

(also I prefer the way majordomo formats the digests as they appear in my e-mail client to the way that e-groups does...)