Re: The Glorantha Digest V8 #150

From: darvall <madamx_at_ns2.mikka.net.au>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 11:01:04 +1100

Charles Corrigan
Meints, Richard
Keith N
>Subject: egroups

Please enlighten me (privately) what's an e-group & how does one trap it?

Martin Laurie
>Subject: Orlanthi vs Imperials

<big snip of some interesting insights>
>Uuurgh. Which Imperial soldiers are out of their element in melee?

This question was mooted early in the piece & the reply was that we were limmitting it to the DH Phalanx

And we come to the nub of the matter after a partial listing of an OrBat which was novel to me. I look forward to seeing the entirety & will indeed visit Wesley's sight.

>The Orlanthi advantage in battle is _heroic_.

Requiring, dare I say, a culture which thrusts up Heros. The invasion having destroyed the possibility of their top down creation if it existed at all.

>ie if one applies the basic principles of dislocation theory to a battle
>>between Orlanthi and Imperial forces, the _strength_ of the Imperials is
>>their cohesion and their combined arms capability. The strength of the
>>Orlanthiis their ability to manifest through herofoming some incredibly
>>powerful individual heroes of gods on the battlefield and their inherant
>>mobilty.

In other words don't fight their battle fight your own,

<snipexcellent explanation of dislocation theory as it aplies to DP>
>The Orlanthi win in 1625 by doing this in a huge way.

Darvall
madamx_at_mikka.net.au
>From quiet homes & first beginnings

Out to the undicovered ends
Theres nothing worth the wear of winning But laughter & the love of friends.
Hilare Belloc