Re: empires

From: Olli Kantola <nysalor_at_lyyra.kempele.fi>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 21:08:47 +0200

On Wed, 06 Dec 2000, Kmnellist_at_aol.com wrote:

> I don''t really see the Lunars having any real benefit from conquering
> Sartar, or Tarsh come to that. They were really dragged into it, IMO, by
> local politics.

The lunar religion demands it. When they include all, the moon will turn white and a new gloden age will dawn. Maybe they think that if they have enought territory and worshippers of lunar deities by the end of the seventh wane, their influence will reach that unspecified critical mass for this to happen.

They also have a deadline to consider. Lunar time that is. What's going to happen after the seventh wane? Better get some bulk between you and the potential attackers. It could be a beginning of a new and even more prosperous cycle, but I think that the lunars know that the Hero Wars are coming.* Moreover the empire must follow the cycles of lunar time. Things must go bad in the middle and the seventh wane must be a great time of joy.

Olli Kantola