Re: e-groups

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_thestableyard.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 10:05:02 +0000 (GMT)

Ian Cooper wrote :

> I have no idea how majordomo works. But I make a
> living as a software engineer so I guess I could
> figure it out, if no one else is willing to take up
> the baton.

I've already e-mailed Stephen to say I would be willing to take on the duties. I work for a web hosting company, and set up majordomo (among other things) for a living. One of the servers here is my own property, so if it becomes necessary, having free space would not be a problem.

One problem with the e-groups option no one has covered is how will we physically transfer the addresses over? If we stick with majordomo, its a simple case of copying the configuration files over - assuming that chaosium aren't going to let us continue to use their's. It would also allow us to continue to use the same address - at least as an interim measure.

As for web reading - it would be about an hours work to set up an e-mail filter and scripts to place each mail onto a web site.

Personally, I'm still worried about the copyright issue - Geocities had a perfectly fine policy when they started, they just quietly changed it later.

Cheers,
Graham