Dragon Pass on military strengths

From: Joe Mills <mills_at_midohio.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 11:08:05 -0400

>Dragon Pass painted a quite different view of the battle. One that was
>rather hard for the Empire. The Lunar advantage in a fight is their
>organization. One on one, or in a free for all melee my money goes for the
>heortlings against the empire's troops. The heortling fighter is more at
>home in a wild an erratic free-for-all, than the regimental soldier that
>is used to relying on (and supporting) his fellow soldiers.

I've got DP and play it every so often. It's a great game! But I do not read into it the same conclusions that you seem to have reached. Sartar militia units are the same combat factors as Lunar Tarsh militia units. There isn't a Sartar infantry unit with a CF equal to a Lunar phalanx or bodyguard infantry unit. Nowhere does it suggest to me that Heortling fighters outclass Lunar fighters. In fact, the six best "Sartar" melee units are Praxian! (The Bullocks, Twin Spears and Sword Brothers came with Argrath from Prax, plus the three Pol Joni units). Heck, even the Pavis Royal Guard outclasses any other "Sartarite" cavalry.

Joe