Re: The Glorantha Digest V8 #156

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 07:33:18 -0600

Mikko Rintasaari says:

>I think the Sartarite warchariots are used as personel carriers. A chariot
>pulled by two horses will fit a driver and two weaponthanes. They arrive
>quickly and deposit heavy infantry where it will do the most good, if
>things go bad they also allow the fighters to withdraw quickly.

        Do the Sartarites use chariots anymore? I thought that was a Ralios thing, although I have no idea where I got this idea (Ralian chariots are mentioned in G:IttHW (a curse is involved, if I remember), I mean Sartarites not using them).

        I was looking at White Bear & Red Moon last night (sorry, my Dragon Pass has wandered off somewhere). There's an argument for Lunars being far more heroic than the Heortlings, at least at the upper end. Jar-el is a superhero; the strongest Sartarite unit is Agrath at less than half her strength. Harrek, of course, is not a Sartarite, although he fights for their side. Now I don't know how useful this is; obviously the counters are abstractions cooked up in a 1970s wargame environment to produce roughly equal sides. However, if the board games are going to be used to defend a Heortling "hero advantage," this needs to be explained.

Peter Larsen