Valkyries

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 10:14:47 +1300

Trotsky:

> I rather got the impression that the valkyries were Yggite

Since Gunda slaughters a pack of wolf-pirates at the age of 12, Yggite associations seem highly doubtful to me.

>Well, the New Hrestoli already have an order of warrior-women - although
>its very new and is still relatively small.

When I wrote that in the Glorantha: Intro, I was thinking of the Valkyries as can be evidenced by:

         "A select few [women] are trained as knights, but until now
         they have never been allowed to fight in battle and are instead
         used to rescue the fallen."
                                 Glorantha: Intro p77

The "until now" indicates the order is much older than "very new". Their traditional task is intended to be evocative of the RW Valkyries and it is only now that they have been allowed to fight.