Which fighters are the best?

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 17:29:28 +0100

"The man of storm says:

'Our warriors are the greatest, they are heroes and masters
of single combat. Nobody can stand against a thane one on one. Our god is lord of thunder, our priests wield his lightning. Nobody can sesist that power.'

The man of moon says:

'Our warriors are trained to perfect discipline. An army
moves like a single man. Nobody can stand against an army that moves like a dance. Our goddess is the moon, ever changing but always returning. Our priestesses understand her mysteries. Nobody can resist the power of turning.'

The man of invisible god says:

'Our warriors are born bear arms. They carry our blessings
and clothe themselves in iron. Nobody can stand against their righteous might. There is only one god, the Creator of all. Oter people worship false demons. Our wizards only know how to work true magic. Nobody can resist the power of sorcery.'

I say great Keltari was lord of demons, leader of armies, conqueror of three worlds, wielder of all magic. Govmeranen never fought and brought no magic, but through his teaching Enevar defeated Keltari and the demon lord was banished and powerless.

Oorsu Sara, the greatest demon warlord of all, declined the bliss of liberation but wielded the power of the beyond, magic that destroyed even Nenduren, the great sage. Mashunasan never brought harm and used no magic, but Jerema Madoon, the Liberation Bolt destroyed Oorsu Sara to defend him and the demon lord was dead and gone.

Tell me now, what is greatest, might of arms and magical power or wisdom in liberation?"

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #162