Re: Valkyries

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 12:16:00 EST

Terra Incognita:

<< First, I wrote this through my own image of Valkyries...I don't have any information about "Sorcerer Knight" supplement of HW,>>

      Well, you wouldn't - I haven't finished it yet ;-)

<< I think Malkionism is Masclinist Religion as RW Christianism Contemporary,

     Predominantly, yes - at least from our modern POV. Although there are 'feminist' movements within it, they are nowhere near as prominent as, say, Vingans among the Heortlings.

<< Gunda the Guilty maybe Half Yggite/Loskalmi.>>

     That's my impression. But she isn't going to be in SK anyway, so it matters not whether I'm wrong...

<< I prefer thinking most Paganstic Style Valkyries are Subroot of Fronelan Humakti Cult.>>

    Fine by me :-)

<<BTW, What is SK?>>

    Sorcerer Knights

 <<Why Vampires existed only in Western Culture?>>

     Depends on how narrow a definition of 'vampire' you take, surely? A gaki (for example) is pretty much the same sort of thing as a vampire, isn't it? Except the gaki is conceived in essentially Japanese ways without the christian symbolism of the European vampire. OK, so technically a gaki isn't undead, which presumably is your point. But even if undeath is the key factor for defining a vampire, there's the Chinese ch'iang shih (or so I gather)...

<< IMHO, Holy Country made many mummies for guarding City of Wonder and Pharaohic Tradition of Luck and Death....>>

      That was my opinion too, and was written up in AR. I don't know whether it got cut because there wasn't space or because it just wasn't true!

 << I guess most of Fronelan People don't know Snodal brought Ban and wrought "Minor" havoc. >>

      Its my understanding that many of them do know. Most of them aren't very happy about it, but the Loskalmi know it was all part of God's plan for his chosen people, so that's alright :-)

 Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky